Please find the following resources to support you and your children during bushfire emergencies.
- Two information sheets attached:
- 1) What parents and caregivers can expect during and immediately after a disaster or community trauma, and
- 2) How parents and caregivers can support children immediately after a disaster or community trauma (psychological first aid tip card).
- A video that provides a good introduction (the bottom video) “Babies, young children and stressful events”: https://www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au/chq/our-services/mental-health-services/qcpimh/for-families/
- A video release by NSW Education Department following their fires last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zGkP6mFKNk&feature=youtu.be
- Another video: the use of therapeutic story books following a natural disaster: https://vimeo.com/323634675/891ab1c06b
- A flip book called “Birdie and the Fire”: https://www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au/chq/our-services/mental-health-services/qcpimh/natural-disaster-resources/storybooks/